Leverkusen vs Dortmund – 19/01/2021
Leverkusen vs Dortmund – 19/01/2021- will take place at Bay Arena. This Bundesliga match of day 17 is one of the most awaited ones, since their previous clash in February 2020, when Leverkusen defeated Dortmund with the result 4-3.
Bayer Leverkusen stands in 3rd position with 29 points, which is only one place above their opponents. Although they’ve managed to beat Dortmund in their last direct match, they will have to give their best, after 4 defeats in the previous 4 Bundesliga games.
Dortmund is 4th on the Bundesliga table, with the same amount of points as Leverkusen. They are coming into this match after drawing 1-1 against Mainz. Even though they’ve lost against Leverkusen in their last clash, they are confident about the upcoming match. They are hoping to turn things around.
Leverkusen – Current Team State & Formation for the Match
In Bayer Leverkusen, at the moment, there are several injured players who won’t be able to play or are doubtful for the upcoming match. The left-winger, Paulinho has a Cruciate Ligament Rupture. Santiago Arias, the right-back, has a Fibula Fracture. Mitchell Weiser is suffering from a hamstring injury, and Florian Wirtz has knee problems. Sven Bender has had Tear in a joint capsule and Exelqulel Palacios has Lumbar Vertebra Fracture.
Their return to the field is still unknown, except for Karim Bellarabi, the right winger, has a hand fracture and is expected on 27th of January.
- Best scorers: Lucas Alario (8); Patrik Shick (5)
- Penalty cards: Daley Sinkgraven (x3 Yellow); Moussa Diaby (x3 Yellow); Aleksandar Dragovic (x3 Yellow);
- Prediction for Bayer Leverkusen starting lineup: Hradecky; Bender, Tah, Tapsoba, Sinkgraven; Amiri, Baumgartlinger, Demirbay; Diaby, Alario, Bailey
Dortmund – Current Team State & Formation for the Match
Borussia Dortmund has had several injured players. The defensive midfield, Axel Witsel has been dealing with Achilles tendon rupture, Giovanni Reina has been suffering an Infection. Dan-Axel Zagadou has had Torn Muscle Fibre. Nevertheless, they’re recovering well and are expected to be a part of a starting lineup for Borussia Dortmund.
At the moment, injured players are: Thorgan Hazard, Axel Witsel, and Marcel Schmelzer.
- Best scorers: Erling Haaland (12); Marco Reus (3); Mats Hummels (3)
- Penalty cards: Axel Witsel (x4 Yellow); Emre Can (x5 Yellow); Thomas Delaney (x4 Yellow)
- Prediction for Borussia Dortmund starting lineup: Burki; Meunier, Akanji, Hummels, Guerreiro; Can, Delaney; Sancho, Reus, Reyna; Haaland
Leverkusen – Important Facts for the Match
- Leverkusen have managed to score in each of their 5 home games
- They’ve lost only 3 of their previous 10 matches
- Bayer Leverkusen have, altogether, scored 14 goals in their 5 fixtures at home
- In total, players of Bayer Leverkusen have 28 yellow cards
- They are ranking 3rd with 29 points on Bundesliga table
- Bayer Leverkusen lost 3 of their last 4 home Bundesliga matches
Dortmund – Important Facts for the Match
- Dortmund have managed to score in their last 10 matches
- They’ve scored 8 goals in 4 matches so far
- Borussia Dortmund are undefeated in their previous 4 matches
- In total, players have 24 yellow cards, which is 4 less than their rivals
- They are undefeated in 8 of the last 9 away matches in all competitions
- In their last 5 H2H matches with Leverkusen, there have been 4+ goals
Last Matches Results
- 1st-Leverkusen vs Dortmund: 4-3
- 2nd-Leverkusen vs Dortmund: 0-4
- 3rd-Leverkusen vs Dortmund: 2-3
- 4th-Leverkusen vs Dortmund: 2-4
- 5th-Leverkusen vs Dortmund: 0-4
Conclusion Tip: Leverkusen vs Dortmund
It is obvious, according to their previous H2H matches, that in this upcoming match there will be 1.5+ goals. So, our prediction for this match is: Leverkusen vs Dortmund: 0-1.
See Also: Leicester City vs Chelsea Tip
Wazobet Bonus site is an educational guide for anyone who is interested in gambling for fun, designed for informational purposes, and focused on personal opinions. Articles are informative and do not promote gambling activity.
The main goal is to keep the content on the website up-to-date which will contain relevant news and information to users. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that each and every piece of information on this site is completely reliable and accurate.
Have in mind that gambling is not legal in every country, and we recommend everyone to check the laws of their country about online gambling before any further activity. Be aware that gambling can be very addictive and that each player must gamble responsibly.
We do not encourage gambling and do not promote it, especially not to persons under the age of 18. You must know that you are strictly playing at your own risk. We bear no consequences. If you are dealing with a gambling addiction, we encourage you to seek professional help. Please visit BeGambleAware and Responsible Gambling.
Links on this site are connected with the information that can be important or interesting to our visitors. We are not responsible for any actions of the third-party sites.
Every use of the linked websites is exclusively under the user’s own risk. You must know that we are not responsible for any potential damage or direct/indirect results that may arise from the use of any information on our website.
All content, including texts, images, illustrations, and other material is protected by intellectual property rights. We protect our users’ personal information and we do not collect any personal data of our visitors such as e-mails, IP addresses, photos, or any other similar data.